Amazon Fire TV Stick is a portable streaming hardware inspired by plug n play technology. Just plugin in the device in your normal tv to overhaul it into a smart TV. Once you connect the device soon you can load apps on your TV to watch movies and tv shows. Fire TV Stick supports apps like Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Instant videos, BBC iPlayer and many more.
What if you can amplify your streaming experience by installing Kodi on Amazon Fire TV Stick.
Won’t that be fun?
Here’s how you can do it…..
Now let’s start with how to install Kodi on Amazon Fire TV Stick…
How to Sideload Apps On Fire TV Stick?
Sideloading external apps on Fire TV Stick is very easy. The reason being the Fire OS is an Android-based operating system. This makes it flexible enough to sideload apps like Kodi.
Though Fire TV Stick doesn’t come with many options to install apps. This is done to ensure the smooth working of the Fire TV Stick and to avoid sluggish performance. Sideloading apps give you access to a lot more channels and functionality without spending even a single dollar on Hardware or on IPTV service provider.
Preparing Fire TV to Sideload External Apps?
Before you proceed with installing Kodi. You need to get your device ready for it. This doesn’t require any special flashing technique or any advanced hack. You just need to toggle a setting that’s it.
NOTE: These steps are same for every version of Fire TV and Fire TV Stick. Regardless of the firmware, they run on.
So let’s dive in….
- Navigate to the settings page of your device
- Choose Device> Developer Options
- Setting named “Apps from Unknown Sources”, will say “OFF” by default
- Select It and change it to “ON”
- A warning will pop up. Click Ok
- Now your Fire TV is ready to install Kodi…
How To Install Kodi On Amazon Fire TV Stick?
Let’s dive into the methods of installing Kodi on fire tv stick…
Method 1: Downloader App
The easiest way to download Kodi on Amazon Fire TV Stick is a free download from the Amazon App store. Nothing technical Configuration is required in this step.
- Navigate to Fire TV Stick’s settings page
- Go to Device > Developer Options and turn “Apps from Unknown Sources” to ON.
- Accept the caution message regarding external apps installation
- Open Amazon App-store on Fire TV Stick
- Search for Downloader and click install
- While it’s getting installed. Go to the Kodi website on your PC
- Click on the Android download icon.
- Copy the link of the latest Android ARM release build.
- Now type the URL copied into the downloader box.
- Kodi will be installed automatically when the download completes
Method 2: Apps2Fire
This method is very interesting. By Using Apps2Fire you can remotely install apps on your Fire TV Stick via your android phone or tablet. To do that your Android device and Fire TV Stick should be on the same network.
So let’s dive in…..
- Navigate to Fire TV Stick’s settings page.
- Choose Device > Developer Options and turn ON “Apps from Unknown Sources” option. Accept the warning message about external apps installation.
- Go to Settings > About – Network and note down the IP address of your Fire TV Stick.
- Go to Google Play store and Install Kodi
- On the same Android device Install Apps2Fire
- Open apps2fire and enter the IP address of your Fire TV Stick.
- Select Kodi from the list and install it remotely on Fire TV Stick.
After Installing Kodi…
Once you have installed Kodi. Almost 90% task is done. Kodi is a vast world in itself. With so many video, music and program addons and other functionalities, you might get lost in its seemingly confusing universe.
After you have installed Kodi. We recommend that you install some Good Kodi video addons. These addons will provide you with lots of free channels, VOD and other content to stream for free.
Below we have mentioned some really good addons that you can install on Kodi.
#1. cCloud TV Addon: Best IPTV Kodi 2018
#2. Sportie: Best Kodi Addon for Live Sports
#3. BBC iPlayer: Best Free IPTV Kodi Addon
#4. USTV NOW
#6. Kodi live TV: Best For Live TV Kodi Streaming
#7. Skynet: Another Good Free IPTV Kodi Addon
#10. UKTV NOW: Best UK Kodi IPTV Addon
#11. Goodfellas 2.0 Kodi 17
#12. Made In Canada IPTV
How to Configure Kodi Add-ons on Fire TV Stick?
Once you have installed addons on Kodi then most of them will work fine just after installing them but few of them may need a little bit of configuring.
To configure the addons follow the steps below:
- Navigate to the addons page
- Select the addon that you want to configure
- Click on settings
- Current setting of the addon will be shown
- Change the setting according to your choice and then click save
Now everything is completely intact in the way it should be. Now you can start watching your favorite tv shows and movies…
So we discussed how to configure your fire tv stick prior to installing Kodi on it. Then we followed the steps to install Kodi on fire tv stick. We also mentioned some good Kodi add-ons that you can install after you are finished with installing Kodi.
In the last step, we discussed how to configure the addons on Kodi.
If you like this article…LEAVE A COMMENT BELOW, SHARE and SUBSCRIBE!!!