A slow IPTV service can be a pain in the ass..especially when you desperately want to watch your favorite TV show.
Though a good and high speed iptv service doesn’t guarantee you that you will get the same output as promised in the first place. A good IPTV set-top box plays an important role too.
Don’t worry we got you covered in this post covering the best iptv boxes of 2018
In this post we have reviewed some the top choices for the android smart tv boxes. To ease out your work for choosing a good one for your setup
Considering that our every reader knows what is IPTV box? . We will jump right into the factors to determine the good smart TV boxes available in the market right now!!
How To Choose The Right IPTV Box For Your Home ?
The below mentioned factors are what which separates a good iptv streaming box from a cheap and a low quality one. So, whenever you are going after to buy a IPTV set top box, these are the few things that you must take care of.
- Performance Components : Sometimes you will think some of the smart tv boxes are too expensive, but I guess that’s for the quality they offer. It is always preferred you go through the technical specifications of the box. Sometimes few companies will remove some of the important components from the set-top box, to cut short of their expenses.
- Firmware Updates : Before buying the device make sure you do a survey, to know how frequently these ORMs update their device’s firmware. If they aren’t updating it on regular intervals then that device in no time will become outdated in just few months or years.
- OTA Updates : Do make sure the manufacturer offers OTA (Over The Air) upgrades. Else you have to do it manually, which is not advisable as they are very complicated to do and can sometimes leave you with a bigger mess in your hands.
- It must have android 4.4 or above: There’s no point of shredding off your money on some obsolete device, with android version either 4.4 or below. If you are a kodi user then you should know this that Kodi 17 only works on the devices with android 5 or above.
- No regular or a generic TV boxes: If a company can’t do the branding of their own products. Then how can you say that they will be loyal to you once you give your money to them ?
- Community and Forum Support: Which will be the first place where you will go if you have some problem in your device ? Of course the Forums!!. So make sure the community is active and engaging with the user’s problems
- Support after sale: Don’t go for the services that just “sells and forgets”. Such companies are just sucking off your hard earned money.
- Don’t buy from some random guy on craigslist or ebay: Never make a deal from some random guy on craigslist or ebay. 95% of them are are frauds!!
- Don’t buy iptv boxes with “Allwinner” and “Rockchip” in them:
- It’s been very well known in the iptv market that Allwinner doesn’t have it’s own development code. They are copying the source code from other companies and that too without proper licensing. That can lead to serious copyright infringement cases. Equivalently, finding you guilty too.
- Talking about Rockchip, they don’t have any developer support from within team kodi. So personally speaking, I wouldn’t go after any so called “best android streaming box” that isn’t 100% compatible with one of my favorite IPTV player i.e. Kodi.
- It should be easy to use and should have a custom launcher: Doesn’t matter how advanced your iptv box is if it’s not easy to use the it’s of no use . An ideal user interface should be as easy to navigate as it can be. Allowing users to get to their favorite channel or tv show without any hassle. This is something most of the manufacturers don’t pay a much attention to..but think yourself what would you choose? An easy to use interface or an interface that’s filled with lots of options that get your brains racked before you get to your desired channel.
8 Best Android TV Box Reviews of 2018
Dreamlink T1 Plus is the Best IPTV Box of 2018
Dreamlink is one of the oldest and renowned brand in this business. Capable of delivering back to back high end spec iptv boxes at reasonable prices. Dreamlink T1 Plus is one of them.
Most of the buyers like you today look for the multifunctionality in the IPTV set top boxes, dreamlink t1 plus will give you this feature. Also the EPG is awesome..like superb!! You won’t find any epg better than this in the market.
Not only this it also has a PVR (Private Video Recording) timeshift mode which allows you to pause, rewind and even record your favorite tv shows and movies.
Let’s talk about some of it’s technical aspects. Dreamlink T1 plus is not one of the most advanced and upto date device in the market but still it will get the job done without any hassle.
Dreamlink T1 Plus still runs on Kitkat Android.
Don’t need to worry you can still install the Kodi on this device, but it’s a forked version of it issued by the company called EBOX MMC. You can even customise it according to your preference.
The only problem with the forked version is that they don’t really update it on regular basis. Making the app more vulnerable to security exploits. You have to be dependent on the provider, for them to update their mirrored version of kodi.
Here are the technical details:
- OS: Android 4.4.2 Kitkat
- Compatible with STB emulators
- CPU: Quad Core Cortex-A7 1.5GHz
- GPU: Quad Core Mali-450
- 1GB of RAM
- 8GB of eMMC storage
- 2 x USB 2.0 ports
Though it may sound very shocking to you but dreamlink t1 plus won’t cost you much and can also be a good choice for the budget buyers. If you buy it from amazon it will cost you around $82 except from the fact that you have to pay $100 for the same set top box if you buy it from their official website.
Our take: Despite of the fact that it only has 1GB RAM and still runs on Android version (4.4). We will still rate it as one of the best tv boxes you can buy in 2018 because of it’s extraordinary features like multifunctionality, PVR, EPG Display.
IPTV Box MAG 254
IPTV Box MAG 254 is built by a Ukrainian company Infomir, specialised in manufacturing IPTV set top boxes. Infomir has been producing quality set top boxes since a very long time and MAG 254 is one of their best iptv box setups so far.
If you managed to buy Mag 254 you would get the following things in the package:
- 1 Mag254 IPTV set top box
- 1 TV Cable – Phonos on one end and a Jack plug on the other
- 2 X AA Batteries
- 1 IR Remote controller
- 1 Basic User guide
- 5V Power adapter
Once you have got the device in your hands it’s time to set up your iptv streaming box. Setting MAG 254 is very simple..Just follow the step as mentioned below:
- Connect the ethernet cable to modem and then to the MAG 254 with RJ45 connector
- Then connect the HDMI cable and the power adapter to the device
- Once you switch on the power supply. Go to the settings page and perform factory update to ensure your device is running on the latest firmware
- When you are done with all the above steps then you add any other portals that you have to connect to the online servers
Now let’s take a look at the technical specs of IPTV Box MAG 254
- Processor – STiH207
- RAM – 512 Mb
- Flash memory – 256 Mb
- Operating system – Linux 2.6.23
- Video modes – 1080i, 1080p, 720p, 576p, 480р, PAL, NTSC
- Playlist formats – M3U
Though it’s not a high end device but there hardly will be a time when it will heat up even when you use it continuous several hours. You would hardly need any repair work with this device. Though the specs aren’t very high but Infomir ensured they have used quality materials to build it.
So, it’s 100% surity that you won’t face any heating issues with this device. The only problems that you might face with device are as below:
- Mag254 needs to be restarted if it’s been left running overnight. Though, A simple restart would easily solve this problem.
- The second issue that you might face is that sometimes the internet connection to the MAG 254 is lost so you either restart your modem or MAG 254. A restart is all needs to be done.
MAG254 is excellent when it comes to delivering high quality picture and sound. It’s capable of delivering 1080p picture quality with 0 distortion superior sound quality.
The only disadvantage that we saw is that it doesn’t have a inbuilt WiFi. So you need to buy a separate dongle for that. That’s the only demerit we could discover.
Anyone who is looking for top android box, capable of delivering superior picture and sound quality without costing much on pocket. Then, we would recommend this device to those people.
Buzz Box IPTV Setup with Stalker Support is the Best Kodi Box to Buy This Year
Probably you haven’t had heard of this brand from a lot of people but this time you should. Because BuzzTV XPL 3000 is here to give Infomir and Dreamlink T1 a tough competition.
Buzz TV claims that XPL 3000 is far better from it’s ancestors and also the best iptv box for english channels. BuzzTV is an android box, that runs on Android 6.0 capable of overhauling your regular TV into a smart TV. The best part about this android smart tv Box is that it comes with built in stalker technology, that allows you to stream movies, TV shows and sports events in even higher HD quality.
Since this Android TV Box runs on version 6.0, so you will be able to run Kodi without any hassle.
Let’s talk about what you will get with device. So if you decided to buy this product then you would be getting:
- BuzzTV Box (Of course you will !!)
- A Remote – Not to forget remote is another attraction of this device. It is sleekly designed, with not much overwhelming or too many buttons to confuse you which one to press (hahahahahaha) !!!
Now let’s talk about the technical specification of the box:
- Ram – 2GB
- Internal Storage – 8GB (Far better than the ones in the same price range)
- Supports ATSC Digital Tuner
- Also Supports PVR mode (Yes it do!! Exciting isn’t it ?)
The device runs smoothly and streams content super smoothly!! It’s not just a Android set top Box once you buy this you will keep on discovering new and exciting features…that will always rejoice your love for this device.
This box supports Bluetooth and AC Dual-Band Wi-Fi. Moreover, this device also supports HDR mode i.e. High Dynamic Range. This technology ensures that you get the best picture quality when it comes to video playback.
Not only this box also allows the side loading of apps that you wish to use. Giving you the full control over your device.
We think for $100 this is the best that you can get. An streaming tv box that’s not too advanced and neither too expensive. We would suggest it to those people who are tech savvy and looking for a high end smart TV Box under budget. Also its currently the best android tv box for kodi.
New Infomir Mag 410: Best IPTV Box UK
Well Infomir have been in the iptv business since a very long time and have produced better and better iptv boxes over the time.
Mag series is one of the most popular and the oldest one. The previous versions before Mag 410 includes, Mag 250, 254 and 256. With increasing number, increases the performance of the device.
The interface is still like old times but it gets the job done. Even the streams are a bit old fashioned with no play and pause buttons.
Mostly all the new iptv services have adopted to the new technologies but still the older units of Mag like 254 and 256 are supported by many iptv service providers. So, you should better get it confirmed from your service provider.
Setting up Mag boxes is very easy. All you have to do is just give the mac number of your streaming box to your iptv service provider. Then they will get that whitelisted for your device.
Dreamlink T1 is a full fledged android based iptv box, that offers all the functionality as with the previous incarnations T4, T5, T6. Dreamlink has been designed to totally change the way people use streaming box (That’s what they claim!!)
Dreamlink T1 comes in a rectangle box with small but powerful Dreamlink T1 accompanied by a :
- Power adapter
- HDMI cable
- AA Batteries
- A user manual
But what’s more interesting is the technical specifications of Dreamlink T1. So let’s dive in:
- Dreamlink runs on a high silicion based quad core processor
- Os type is Kitkat (4.4.2)
- Supports wide range of picture quality delivery including 1080p
- On the back of the device you woud fine the following ports:
- 1 USB 3.0 PORT
- Single A/V Port
- HDMI Port
- USB 3.0 Port
- Digital Audio Port
- Ethernet Port
- A micro SD card slot (for expanding the internal storage of the device)
- And a DC power adapter port
- Also this device comes with built in wireless adapter. That supports 802.11 type with data transfer rates upto 150 MB/s
Talking about the remote. It’s a quite good one. With all the useful options given right on it like play, pause, rewind, stop and so on.
Setting up this device is as easy as setting up the other device. Just connect the box with your TV via HDMI cable and then connect it to the router via ethernet port and don’t forget to plugin the power cable.
Once the IPTV box setup is complete and the device is switched on . You will have one of the most beautiful UIs on your TV screen. Since it’s based on android and device is capable of delivering high picture quality. You can actually see how sharp and clear the images and icons are.
One of the most neglected feature is the EPG. Many providers just bombard you with lots and lots of channels but their EPG is shit!!! Well with dreamlink you won’t face this issue. Just play whichever channel you want . Then press the EPG button on the remote to toggle between huge list of channels that your IPTV service provider renders you.
We tested this device the way a regular guy/gal would use that. We found it to be a good choice and even a good alternative of mag 254. Till the time normal usage is concerned, this can do the work for you without getting you in much trouble. We think 130 canadian dollars are worth of the features that Dreamlink T1 has to offer.
Beelink AP34 Ultimate
Beelink AP34 is no less than a mini supercomputer. It comes with pre-installed Windows 10 but you can also change that to linux. It’s one of the good IPTV box setups that you can get for your home.
Hardware Specs of Beelink AP34:
- Comes with Intel Celereon N3450 4 Core CPU with max clock speed upto 2.2 Ghz
- 8 GB DDR3 RAM
- 60 GB SSD Drive
- 3 USB Ports
- 1 SD-Card SLOT
AP34 is more like a mid ranged laptop that can not only stream you movies and tv shows but can also help you in your professional or personal works.
Beelink is fully capable of playing 4K videos at a resolution of 4096 X 2160 @60Hz.
Installing softwares on windows devices isn’t a mess at all and configuring this device is also very simple. So most of the iptv providers will be compatible with this device.
If you are looking for a device with a familiar user interface for your home entertainment device. Then beelink AP34 is the best choice for you.
NVIDIA SHIELD TV : Best Android TV Box
The best thing about android streaming boxes is that they can also function a generic or high end IPTV box with just a little bit of modification.
The same goes with NVIDIA android box. Though it is manufactured to work with android tv but by a simple installation of an emulator. You can very easily turn it into a high end IPTV box.
Simply install the STB emulator on your Shield. Then choose which IPTV streaming box you want your device (NIVIDIA SHIELD) to mimic. It even allows you to enter your Mac address.
Talking about the hardware aspects of Shield, It has 3GB of RAM and is powered by TEGRA X1 Processor. Different editions can be bought based on how much SSD storage you want 16 GB or 500 GB.
Since it’s an android based streaming box, so it can also play Kodi for streaming movies and TV shows and even used as a gaming machine.
It’s one of the best android boxes for anyone who wants one box that fits everything.
Amazon Fire TV Stick with Alexa Voice Remote : A Cheap Android TV Box
If you are a tech savvy person then you will definitely love this product. Amazon Fire TV stick is a great cost effective streaming device that is highly portable and works insanely efficiently.
Fire TV Stick is like a pen drive, that needs to be plugged into your TV’s HDMI port. Amazon also offers a small USB charging cable with it.
Once you have hooked in the device. It will overhaul your TV into a smart TV. Allowing you to install apps and stream content right through your television.
Though it’s not a high end spec device but still it will get the job done very easily. It can stream the content at 1080p.
The best thing about this device is that it is highly portable with least possible mess of cables. You can easily carry this device in your pocket or in the side pocket of your carry bags.
Remember we said that it’s for the tech savvy people. The reason being Fire TV stick gives you the access to side load the apps according to your choice. This gives you the full control of apps that you are installing on your device.
We will recommend this device to anyone who is a tech nerd and is looking for a budget buy.
Glad you made it to the end of this 3000 words long journey
After viewing and testing all the devices we found that DreamLink T1 is the best iptv box that you can get right now in the market.
But if you are a tech savvy and want to explore more n more technical features. We would recommend you to go with best android tv boxes in market and for that we advice you to either buy BuzzTV XPL 3000 or Nvidia Shield.