You have landed here because you might be searching for a method, which can help you to view your custom IPTV links playlist in your media player.
Why there’s a need for the custom file?
- You have made a hand-curated list of few movies or tv shows that you wish to see in your spare time
- You downloaded a .m3u/.m3u8 playlist of IPTV links but most of them were not working. So you decided to make your own file of the working URL
So, you have your own hand-curated list of IPTV links but you just don’t know how to add them in your media player.
Need not to worry!! We will help you.
Note: Every solution given here is for Kodi. For other players either you have to wait for the post to update or a separate post on the same topic for other players.
How To Add Your m3u Playlist In IPTV Client To Watch Channels (For Kodi)?
- Open Kodi
- Head over to the system in the navigation bar and click on it.
- Select TV (or Select “Live TV” if you are running on a version lower than 15.2)
- Click on general
- select enabled
- Now you will see a popup. Saying that no PVR client is enabled. Click on OK
- Scroll down and select PVR IPTV Simple Client
- Click on Enable
- Click on Configure
- In General select M3U Playlist URL
- Add your M3U URL into the address section
- Click Ok and Then Click on Ok Again
- Reboot Kodi
- After Reboot. On your home screen, you would see TV. Open that to see the live channel list.
- Select a channel from it too, load and play
This is how you add IPTV m3u playlist in Kodi. Let’s move on to the next section of the post where you will learn to add a m3u8 playlist in Kodi.
How to directly feed the links in Kodi?
To directly feed links into Kodi player,
- Head over to videos and click on add-ons.
- Then click on playlist loader
- Then click on “Add a new list”, Then name you list.
- After that select the source of the list
- Remote host: If you are picking the links from a website
- Localhost: If you have the list in your PC
- After the just put your IPTV link
- If the link is correct then you will get a live stream of the video
How to add a m3u8 playlist in Kodi player?
The steps to add a m3u8 playlist in the Kodi player are exactly same to how you add the m3u IPTV links file in the Kodi player. Since both the versions of the media files m3u and m3u8 are almost similar. M3u8 being a bit advanced version of the m3u file format, developed by Apple to stream videos on Ios.
Kodi’s IPTV client configuration are exactly same and no use of special addon is advised by Kodi developers.
Still, we have listed the steps below:
- First, launch Kodi then head over to System > Add-ons > Disabled Add-ons > PVR IPTV Simple Client and select “Configure”.
- Inside the general tab set the location to “Remote Path” and add m3u8 playlist URL in the given field.
- Go to “Channel Logos” tab, selecting “Remote Path” for the location and then use the m3u8 URL for the channel logos base URL.
- Press “OK”, and then click on “Enable” to turn On the plugin.
- Next, head over to Settings > Live TV > General and turn on live TV
- Escape out of the menu and “Live TV” menu should be on your screen.
Learn More At: iptv-links.info